Join this GARDP webinar this November to hear from Longitude Prize teams developing diagnostics for sepsis.
Innovation in point-of-care diagnostics for sepsis and bloodstream infections
- Till Bachmann, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Amrita Sukrity, SpotSense, India
- David Anderson, Burnet Institute, Australia
Moderator: Caroline Purslow, Nesta Challenges
In this webinar our moderator Caroline Purslow (Nesta Challenges) will welcome three speakers.
Till Bachmann will give an overview of recent advances in AMR diagnostics development. He will discuss:
- State of the art approaches for diagnosing infections and AMR
- Pipeline of promising tests
- Challenges of adoption
Amrita Sukrity will draw from her experience as a founder of SpotSense and talk about diagnosis of neonatal sepsis at the community level. Topics discussed will include:
- Challenges across diagnosing newborn sepsis in NICU vs. in the community
- Identifying different phases of sepsis by combining risk parameters and biomarker data
- Creating outlines for biomarker-based differential diagnosis: work ahead
And finally, David Anderson’s presentation ‘CD64 as a host-response biomarker in sepsis and severe infections’ will cover:
- Limitations of flow cytometry for CD64 as a diagnostic tool of sepsis and severe infections in emergency situations
- Novel observations on CD64 biology that should facilitate more sensitive a point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests for sepsis and severe infections
- The ongoing development of a POC diagnostic test for neutrophil CD64
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.