The BIA is delighted to announce that the awarding–winning UK Bioscience Forum – Building the third global cluster will take place on Thursday 15 October at the Royal College of Surgeons, London.
The UK life sciences sector is at an exciting time, building on recent successes in biomedicine, flourishing with investment including some very successful IPO’s and even issues such as regulatory reform and innovation in the NHS seem more achievable. Putting the UK firmly on the life sciences map as the third global cluster is the BIA’s vision for 2025. Health innovation is a global business – only the world’s best ideas win. The UK must be top of the game by managing the life science ecosystem in an integrated way for health, science and wealth creation. This will require new ways of working.
The Forum will showcase innovation and collaboration as the two key ingredients required to push the life sciences agenda forward. Join the debate, learn from expert speakers and case studies, partner and network with the leading bioscience companies and attend the Autumn Reception for unrivalled networking.
Topics this year include:
- Keynote presentation from Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England
- Presentation from Lord Jim O’Neill of Gatley
- BBSRC Innovator of the Year Professor Tom Brown, University of Oxford
- Stimulating a vibrant Anti-Microbial sector in the UK
- Type 1 Diabetes: The UK Bioscience ecosystem in action
- Patent Box – is it worth it?
- Access to Orphan Medicines
- How will UK bioscience be affected by the changing international IP landscape?
- Lighting up Biopharmaceutical Discovery
- Innovation showcase – an opportunity for BIA members to pitch their business and share new technologies and products
- Microbiome and health – Why the gut is new frontier in drug discovery
- Future trends in Biotech funding – What the landscape will look like post EU referendum
Read more about the event here.
10% Discount for ULS member companies to attend the BIA UK Bioscience Forum and Autumn Reception.